Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Long Run - Check!


Yesterday was my first 'long run' of my training cycle - 6 miles, no breaks or walking, check!

I'm not going to say it was easy, but I did it, that is the first step, and damn did it feel good! Now my couple of three mile days this week will be like a dream.

So far I’ve been feeling pretty good. A little tight, reminding me that I need to do a better job of pre and post-run stretching, but other than that, nothing inhibiting (I’m knocking on some wood right now).

This week I am going to stock up my iPhone with running tunes, and get earphones that don't fall out of my ears while I run, haha. I would love any suggestions for favorite artists/songs to run to. I have really eclectic music taste, not picky at all. Eddie Vedder got me through my 6-miler :)

Week 2 here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment